8.11.2010

this ride called life...

An experience I had last summer...

I was cycling up the American Fork side of Alpine loop. I passed a group of riders and identified a friend of mine who went ahead with me. We spoke the rest of the way up the mountain together. We had great conversations getting caught up.

Towards the top, I noticed there was new pavement and then noticed someone had spray painted a message. I mentioned to my friend something like, "I can't believe someone would spray paint on the new pavement". He told me that the person who spray painted was with him and the other group that was right behind us. He went on to explain that the wife of one of the riders behind us had recently passed away. This was his ride he requested with his friends. The message was one of love and support from his friends to him. I was touched.

It made me realize that everyone has a story. That we need each other. That we can grow through one another. That we can be inspired by one another. That we can some times judge without knowing the full story. So here I am, around 1 year later sharing this story that inspired me and starting my blog...

No comments: