10.15.2012

In the presence of an Angel

Recently while flying home, I overheard a woman speaking behind me.  She was talking to the airline attendant.  She politely called her by name.  She asked the airline attendant if she would be so kind as to watch over her throughout the flight.  The airline attendant happily agreed.  Every time she spoke there was "please, thank you and excuse me".  I was so touched by her spirit.  She spoke openly to those around her.  Asking how they were.  How was their day.  Where they were going.  She would make kind comments to the airline attendants as they passed by.  She made kind comments to fellow passengers around her.  It became clear to me and all surrounding her that there was not a bone of guile in this young lady's body.  She was kind.  She was polite.  She was truly interested in others.  She brought a smile to my face.  She was an angel.  She also happened to have special needs.  

I was touched as I watched and listened to her interact with those around her.  Just being around her made me want to be a better person.  I was inspired.  I thought, how would it be to see all people, not some but all as God sees us - with pure love.  1 Corinthians 13:2 states, "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing"  What is Charity?  Later this scriptures describes it as, "Charity suffereth long, and is kind' charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up...doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth...beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things...charity never faileth"  This young lady was and is indeed Charity.
I believe we come across people in life for a reason.  I was placed in the path of this young lady, this angel for a reason.  As the saying goes, "A rising tide raises all ships".  Being around this angel, I felt I was lifted in my life as I seek to improve my charity towards others.  

No comments: